Friday, 18 November 2016

When you need to break the mould...

Do you ever feel like you're in a world where you don't belong?

Where everything that's happening seem to completely contrast what your soul feels?

I do, and I feel it all. the. time.

In a world that is focused on achievement and success, the only thing I strive for is happiness.

I do not want to drive to work every day, spend my day sitting in a box, rinse and repeat.

The things that make my soul happy are as follows:

Orange-burst clouds that surround the sun when it rises, streaked across the horizon welcoming the day. A reminder that the universe just presented you with another gift.

Pinkey-orange skies that set the clouds on fire as the sun sets, a sign that the day is over and what has gone before can be laid to rest.

Bare feet on grass.

The sound of waves crashing on the beach.

Falling asleep to the sound of rain.

The contrast of a deep blue sky against firey orange autumn leaves. That moment when trees remind you that letting go can be beautiful.

Cuddling up to my forever-human when we go to bed, and in those early hours of the morning when you stir awake. Pure human warmth.

Sitting on the sofa in comfy clothes with a blanket watching films with people you love.

Spending time with people I love - walking, talking, drinking coffee. Quality time.

NONE OF THESE THINGS INVOLVE MONEY.

I am sick of consumerism, competition, comparison and the superficial obsessiveness of society. I long for a world where people are valued for their honesty, kindness, friendship and support, not how much work can be squeezed out of them or how much money they can make. Where people are valued for the individual skills that they have rather than trying to pulverise everyone into the same sized box.

Everyone is different - that's what makes the world go round, it is what adds value and depth to our society. So why do we all have to follow the same path? We try to train our children into a routine, send them to school where everyone learns the same subjects for the same amount of time, even if they find one thing easy and another more challenging, then we send them to further education, or straight into work, where they function on the conveyor belt of a corporate business who wants to get as much labour for as little as possible so their profit margins are maxed.

My goal is to become self-sufficient. I am employed, but also self-employed. I work as a Doula and Antenatal Educator, but I hate marketing myself!! I need to get over that challenge so I can reach the point of no longer needing employment. My partner and I have plans for a house where we can grow our own veg, and also gradually install energy saving processes into our home - solar panels (or tiles - go Tesla!!), a small wind turbine, and water recycling. Our children will be home-schooled and can choose their own passion in life - yes they will learn the basics, but they will learn them at their own pace and be encouraged to learn more about topics which they are enthusiastic about - Happiness is doing what you love.

Changing the world, one generation at a time.

#LetLoveHealTheWorld

No comments:

Post a Comment